I recently received an Instant Pot as a gift. I’m not much into owning new gadgets, to compensate for that, I’m proposing to share in the food preparation/cooking of some weekly meals with the sharing community. Here’s how it works:
- You fill out a Doodle form with date(s) that work for you. I can only fit two extra people in my kitchen for cooking. The link for Doodle form can be emailed to you if you are interested (Leehe@WholeSelf.ca).
- We pick a recipe(s) to cook. I create a list of the groceries needed for the recipes and either shop together or choose what each of us will buy. We keep receipts to make sure we’ve split the costs evenly. I have a number of dried spices/oils/vinegars.
- You arrive at my house in the St. Clair and Bathurst neighbourhood. (Address will be given once we connect)
- The food preparation will go faster then if you were doing it alone. The Instant Pot is a pressure cooker as well, which makes the cooking fast too. We can have meals for the week in an hour or two!
- We spilt the food two (or three) ways and go home with delicious meals. The Instant Pot has 6 Quart capacity which makes for lots to share! (Bring your own containers).
This is something I just came up and it may evolve into something different. I’m open to suggestions and improvements along the way. Together, let’s keep the sharing economy growing!